Back Office Web Site Management for Content Publishing
The expectations of today’s savvy consumers perceive and rely upon the latest information published on organizations’ Web site. The capability and flexibility to continuously update Web site content is vital to the success of attracting and retaining these consumers. However, the process of online page content administration is both labor-intensive and time-critical. Fortunately, businesses utilizing Outlook Technologies’ Content Management Suite software, CMS/Core 1.0, allows Web producers to quickly create, prioritize, and schedule text-based articles and images to be dynamically published on the Web site.
Today’s Web producers experience an underlying need to manage and publish content quickly without technical intervention. CMS/Core separates page format templates from content allowing the Web producer to assign topic responsibilities to members of their staff based on areas of expertise. Content developers can create content without having to be concerned with design and formatting issues, while Web designers can create effective page designs that control content throughout the Web site.
CMS/Core is composed of three components, each representing a tier of the Web-based system; the Database Engine, the Data Entry Application, and the Dynamic Web Site Publisher. The Database Engine serves as the primary repository for storing and retrieving all information displayed on the Web site. CMS/Core uses all relational databases that conform to industry standards thus allowing easy modification to meet unique customer requirements. The Data Entry Application contains the forms used to add, edit and maintain the Web site content, text or images, stored in the Database Engine. Unlike alternatives, CMS/Core allows the Web producers to publish content directly from the Data Entry Application onto the live Web site. There is no need to FTP text and images to the Web server in order to publish the new content. The Dynamic Web Site Publisher generates web pages from the content entered through the Data Entry Application.
- Integrated Content Editor to manage articles, images, and teasers
- Automated data scheduling and organizational capabilities
- Real-time dynamic content publishing for Web sites
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface compatible with web browser
- SQL-compliant database interface
- Customizable tools for listing, sorting, and parsing data
- Centralized data editing capabilities: create, edit, archive, and delete data using one interface
- Data management capabilities: organize and sort data for easy access and manipulation
- Built-in security modes: manage user accounts and isolate users from restricted components